From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Joe
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:39 PM
To: AMC-List@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-List] B/W auto trans shifting odd

The B/W trans in my 1967 290 Ambassador has developed
an odd issue. NOT all the time,but alot after warming
up it skips 2nd gear on upshift? One time you pull
away from a stop it upshifts 1,2,3 just fine.Does not
slip. Next time you leave a stop it skips 2nd gear?
I'm not talking fast acceleration. Just normal
driving. I tried,and if i do accelerate it fasyer it
usually does not miss 2nd gear?It was rebuilt before i
bought the car . It's been 10 years or so since
rebuilt. Only 5-6000 miles on the build. Nice clean
red fluid. Fluid level shows fine on the dipstick.Any
ideas? I drive it quite often,when possible during the
summer. Email me directly also if you would.
Jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx   capitol J. Thankyou,Joe