[AMC-List] my 62 classic project

Yes Dave, everything for disc brakes from a Concord will bolt right up
to your 62 Classic except the booster. You might be able to use the
booster, but it will take some modification. The Concord booster mounts
directly to the firewall, the 62 booster uses an offset bracket that
raises it up 2-3". If the Concord booster is on a tilted bracket you may
be able to cut a new pushrod hole and drill new mount holes and use it.
I don't recall if there is room on the firewall in the 62 to do that,
but a fellow mounted one successfully in a 66 model.

The Mustang II kits supposedly work, but the offset of the calipers is
different. I haven't mounted one myself, but have got the info from a
reliable source. The MII wheel flange is about 3/4" further outboard
than AMC hubs. So the track in front is increased 1.5". No big deal. The
calipers will have to be shimmed out to center over the rotors at best,
but I'm not sure the MII calipers will fit the AMC disc mounts. You may
have to have custom mounting plates made from 3/8" thick steel plate, or
at least an adapter to bolt between the AMC mount and MII caliper. The
AMC stuff bolts right on. All AMC disc brakes are around 11" -- 10.83"
or something like that for the later models.

I don't think I'd pay $175 for the works unless the rotors are useable
as is or after turning, especially since new rotors will be around $75
each. The master cylinder is cheap enough as a rebuilt, and as you
mentioned the calipers. You might not be able to use the booster. I know
you want to collect parts while you can, but if there is a chance at
finding an AMC in a local salvage yard when you get back you only need
the spindle, caliper mount, and caliper frame ) if you're buying new
rotors. The frame is the piece between the mount and piston body -- when
you get rebuilt calipers you just get the sliding piston body, not the
frame it slides in -- on big three cars the "frame" is usually made onto
the steering knuckle/spindle unit.