Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:49:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] Found Lincoln Versailles Rearend- still a good
	choice	for rear discs?
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

OK, so traveling in the middle of nowhere in the
Ozarks, I run across a complete Lincoln Versailles
(fancy Ford Granada)!  THese all came with Ford 9 Inch
rears with Disc Brakes.

Over the years, I have used plenty of 9 inches in
small AMC's and have always heard of the Lincoln rear
option.  The Company I work with has some reman's
calipers available (Cardone Industries or "A1 Cardone"
as they are commonly known).

Is there any downside to this Versailles setup, other
than the weight?  I am leaving my 79 AMX 258/4 spd
pretty stock, but I have another 79 with a 70 model
360 (with Factory R4B!) and Mustang T5 that is in the
works and I think this Versailles rear would be a good
match.  Opinions from those of you who have tried it
before?

Thanks,

Jesse