Re: [AMC-List] Appuhthee -n- whattado

  Jim Blair wrote:

A: You mean I'm not the only one on this list with
more than one
buckle?

-----> Yeah, Jim, there are other idiots out there.
/;] At one time I had quite a nice collection jangling
around in my Gladiator cross-bed toolbox.

Over the years, various nephews and nieces,
girlfriends back when, moving, camping, fence work,
out-and-out thieves etc. wore me down to the only one
that ever made it into my house, though my Dad has it
now(I think).

That was my proudest one, about the size of a turkey
platter.  I got it for a longest ride contest--22
seconds. It was a pretty big show, I think it was at
the Calgary Stampede, but I might be wrong about the
exact venue.  Would have been about 1981 or so. Lots
of mornings I can STILL feel that ride.

Might be a couple buckles still woven into the wire
back on the old place.

On your reply to the "What To Do?" question, I am
absolutely thrilled to hear about the mileage racked
up by your trucks.  My Gremlin puts on a usual minimum
of 64 miles a day, most days more than that.

Keep on Ramblin', and I hope your tornady days didn't
end like mine. I quit after my cousins dared me onto a
dairy cow on their farm, which promptly ran me down a
feed fence, then stomped me but good. AMC apathy seems
pretty tame after that.
m.