----- Original Message -----
From: Thompson Craig   Craig.Thompson@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Eddie,

I was wondering if anyone has any kind of an interchange for shock absorbers for AMCs. Specifically, I want to find performance shocks for my 67 Marlin which has a  401, headers etc. I had it to Kenosha in 2002. As you know, front 67 (68-69 too?) shocks are non existent. If you can find a set, they are too soft for the way I have this car set up. It is hard to believe that there aren't other shocks of very similar dimensions/mounting-type that would also fit these cars. I know I can get KYB gasadjust for the rear, but KYB says they never made front shocks.

To explain for example, I happen to know that the rear shocks for the Concord/Hornet are very similar to a 1958 Edsel Citation and also an early 70s Ford Courier truck! But these vehicles are never shown as having the same shocks because the orig. shocks for each vehicle is slightly different from each other. But they do fit. I owned an Edsel in the early 90s and had difficulty finding rear shocks for it. The Concord or Courier truck shocks worked. I am wondering if the same situation might exist for the front shocks of the late 60's big AMCs. Do you know of any alternates? If not, do you know of anyone in the hobby that may have information on this?

If I had my wish, I think I would like a set of KYB's all the way around.
One other question: I also have a 1987 Alliance convertible. I put Gabriel RedRyder shocks (I found on ebay) on it and it rides like a truck. They are gas charged and way to firm for the little Alliance. I would like to find regular hydraulic OEM shocks for this car. Thanks for any help!

Craig Thompson
Rapid City SD

DAKOTA AMC CLUB/AMO Chapter