Re: [AMC-List] AMC Engine Blocks

Dr. Rambler has a history of the AMC aluminum six cylinder engine.
It can be found at
<http://www.geocities.com/dr_rambler/aluminum.html>.

An excerpt from the history page:
"The new engine was the result of a co-operative research and
development program between American Motors and the Doehler-Jarvis
Division of National Lead Company [now known as NL Industries --GH].
Doehler-Jarvis was responsible for the production of the aluminium
blocks in its Toledo, Ohio plant."

Source: AMCRC Rambler Reader, V14N2, pp22-25, 1993, found at
<http://www.geocities.com/dr_rambler/history.html>.

Doehler-Jarvis, founded by Herman Doehler, developer of the first
die-casting machine, was once the largest independent aluminum
die-casting facility, but hit the skids by 1997, when Ford and GM
moved much of their business to other firms.  Harvard Industries,
which purchased the company in 1995, sold parts of it and closed down
the rest in 1998.

--
Glen Hoag                               '75 Pacer 258 (x3)
hoag@xxxxxx                             '76 Pacer 258 (for parts)