Re: [AMC-List] Rust Remover - http://tinyurl.com/lmhxy - Testo-Moanials

Brien
SNIP
- and I guess most here are skeptics..  >
SNIP
I'll fess up to that, and nothing personal intended.
What with marketing of magnets to improve gasoline mileage, and twisty
things to screw into your intake manifold tube to something charge the
fuel mixture, spark plugs that increase the power of gasoline to make it
as powerful as jet plane fuel and my all time favorite the 200 mpg
carburetor a product that shows me a shiny piece of metal with out the
ravages of rust pits raises a flag with me. It is hard to get that with
media blasting.  The list goes on, the latest one I have seen is one
that redistributes the electricity in your house and re-uses it to cut
electric bills by some gawdawful value is another beauty! And you can
buy one for only $500.00.
That does not mean that it can't work but it does raise a flag.
I really do not have a place to cold soak an AMC car from the sills down
in this stuff or set up a multi-hour flushing bath. Maybe I could figure
one out if I thought it was worth it but as of this time the one time I
addressed rust of the uni-body to that degree it took a saws all to cut
it out, nothing was salvageable to re-do. What was left could be
processed with a product of Rust Mort t or it's equivalent to prevent
further damage and a donor car or pieces of car was obtained to re-weld
rust free material back into the uni-body.
$25.00 is not an out of line price to pay for a gallon of product that
may have a beneficial use and certainly a small parts bath can be set up
to deal with constant flushing needed to process things.
>From that stand point I might even buy a gallon for working on things of
that size.
Sure hope some one else can find a way to flush a whole car out though,
just once I would like to see a product actually do what it was
advertised to do easily enough to have it happen in the driveway.
John.