[AMC-List] interchange questions

Hello AMC fans, I'm looking for more info i have gotten some good advice
from Jim Blair thanks Jim. I searching for all possibilities that will work.
I have a project started I'm learning as i go i have a 68 javelin sst. I
have a 1970 390-V8 complete except intake that needs to be rebuilt. I have a
290-V8 with automatic transmission I don't know the condition of the tranny.
I just bought a 1980 j-10 jeep 360-V8 4x4 727 automatic tranny. Here's my
question since this is a 4x4 trany is there different methods or needs to
installing it in my 68 javelin. If it's going to be a headache I'd like to
use the automatic trany off the 290 what will i need to do to make it work?
I have never used headers that were on the 360 dog leg heads it fit good in
the jeep but wont fit in the javelin. So i will sell or trade for headers
that will work correctly in my javelin. My javelin has no say bar to get in
the way of the headers I'm considering selling the 390 also there not cheap
and getting harder to find. Thank you AMC fans anymore info will be
appreciated thanks Ed thanks for the use of your great AMC site Harold
nash126@xxxxxxxxxxx
anyone that can help out Harold above give im a shout, thanks,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx