[AMC-List] A Great AMC Day

Yesterday, doing the guy thing of channel surfing, I happened to flip to a
rebroadcast of a 1975 NASCAR race race at Darlington.  I had to watch for a
while with the nagging suspicion that there would be some AMC content in
there somewhere...  And boy, did I get it.  After a few laps where I forgot
to breathe while trying to find that Matador, I finally saw it.  It was
down in 4th or 5th or something at the time.

The two front runners were a lap ahead of Bobby Allison's Matador (which
was in third place at a lap down!!), and crashed just short of the finish
-- after which Bobby held on for the lead.

There was no question in my mind that the Matador was less powerful than
the others; 'cause Bobby was nervously doing everything he could to keep
one or two other drivers from getting a line to pass him.  Had it been for
more laps, there was no way the Mat could have held them off.

Nevertheless, I haven't seen an AMC on the road (other than mine) for a
long time, so this was almost as good.

Whew.

-- Marc