Re: [AMC-List] Sheet metal -1965 Rambler American

Re: [AMC-List] Sheet metal -1965 Rambler American

You'll either have to find NOS or good used ones. You may also want to take
a look at eBay, I think there's a pair on there now but I may be wrong
about that. For good used sheet metal, I've had very good luck with South
Texas AMC (http://southtexasamc.tripod.com). If you're planning on hitting
the AMO Nationals in Dayton, OH (July 28 and 29), you may find something there.

Also, the wheel wells on your car probably have rust issues as well. If
you're lucky, it's just around the lip but there are lots of places that
got no paint from the factory so the damage is probably a lot worse than
you think it is.

Matt

At 09:13 PM 7/19/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>List,
>I have a 1965 Rambler American 440 Convertible.  The rear quarters are
>badly rusted around the wheel wells.  Is there anyone making replacement
>sheet metal?  Any other suggestions on getting the right stuff to initiate
>repairs?  There is a unique, bumped out feature that starts at the wheel
>well and runs to the back bumper that looks tough to re-create by hand so
>a repair panel would be a big help.
>Suggestions please!
>Marlene Rz.

>or go to http://www.amc-list.com