Re: [AMC-List] glovebox [was: 70 232 1bbl cold idle speed]

Re: [AMC-List] glovebox [was: 70 232 1bbl cold idle speed]

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
"
" It took me a month of fiddling to get mine "functional". it's one
" of those most-annoying features... if I adjust it to close OK,
" it rattles constantly (the U-shaped loop in the dash-mounted
" latch). The door when closed stands vertically, encouraging
" rattles. I tried rubber bumpers (slight force door-to-dash) (too
" fussy, and they fell off), absolute perfection in adjustment. I
" finally settled for too-tight; the door requires a bit of a slam,
" but then at least the latch is under a bit of tension and stops
" the rattle.

stick-on bumpers?  older ramblers had bumpers that look in profile
like the eject symbol on your kybd and push into holes behind the
door around the glovebox.