[AMC-List] Socks and stuff-was-Re: 401 surging

[AMC-List] Socks and stuff-was-Re: 401 surging

One of the things I'd like to do is upgrade rework the fuel filter system on the American. Right now I run 5/16 pickup line to 5/16" hose to e Jeep Cherokee 80's EFI filter to 3/8" hose to Russian mate TAT3 Mercedes replacement fule pump then 3/8" steel fuel line to EFI rail with a 3/8" return. I'm happy with everythign and it works OK, but there is some significant suction for the pump to pull the fuel thru the EFI filter. I'd liek to upgrade the pickup to as large as 1/2" with a Fram cannister style free flow filter then the pump then the EFI filter. Right now I've got too many pots on the stove! I'll have about 63 hours in when I leave work at 11:30 or so Friday night too. Then the "FQ" words come into play. You know, "Family" And "Quality" time.
  At least I should have my hand son my New T-5 project tomorrow! :]
I've also got  a line on a S-10 Disc brake axle for what may turn out to be a good price. Got my fingers crossed on that one!
  I'm Making slow and steady progress on the Ambassador too. I am getting my 13 year old involved, We struck a deal and he is scraping all the sound deadner off the inner fender wheels. A couple of more eveings and the right side will be complete! Left will go much quicker now that I have a plan.
  I want to get the 15 year old started on removing the front off the flood car. I need the top off the core support form it. I wonder if it woul dbe dangerous to teach him how to use the torches! Uh, maybe not, I may let him use the sawzall, He has a little too much enjoyment of fire for torches!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net