Re: [AMC-List] A Scarey Afternoon, Tornadoes Outside N.Y. City!!!!

Re: [AMC-List] A Scarey Afternoon, Tornadoes Outside N.Y. City!!!!

" From: AMC74Hornet@xxxxxxxxx (Mr. AMC)
"
" What started out as a bunch of thunder storms rolling through the area
" turned out to be scarey for people just 10-15 miles north of N.Y. City.
" A tornado set down a mile north from where my wife works and tore a
" couple of small towns apart, another water spout was seen on the Hudson
" River near the Tappan Zee Bridge (N.Y. State Thruway Rt. 87) and another
" one on Long Island Sound. Thank God for cell phones because when I found
" out from a friend of my wife I called her and she was coming down the
" street from the bus ok. I am glad it didn't happen where I live as my
" yellow Hornet is sitting outside as I am waiting for my son to get his
" Javelin out of my garage so the Hornet can go back inside. The orange
" one has been inside for the last 7 months. There was a lot of property
" damage but no serious injuries thank God.

this stuff blasted clear to the nh seacoast [~200mi], with bad -
possibly tornadic - tree damage around wendell ma and 2" hail and
funnel clouds around exeter nh.  hundreds of cars have been totalled
and they're telling homeowners to check shingles for hail damage.
smaller hail was 3" thick on the ground in seabrook nh.  marblehead ma
saw 90mph gusts and maybe a tornado.  lightning strikes were as heavy
as 4 per second over the area.

in between here i just got rain.