Re: [AMC-List] weather pack connectors

There are several wiring kits around. Painless is the most well known
because of advertising more than anything else, but they do have an
excellent product. I've had some experience with different kits and all
are pretty much along the same lines. Most use GM wiring colors for the
circuits since GMs are the most popular. One, "Snap-In", I believe,
uses a modular fuse block with mini fuses -- these are much better for
tight fit areas. You'll need to get a universal kit which adds a foot
or so of wire to each run. On some you suppy the terminals on the end,
some come with a terminal kit (or have it as an option). Some have not
only different colors but the names of the circuits (i.e.- HEADLIGHTS,
IGNITION, etc.) printed along the wires. Painless does that. I have to
say that by far the finest of all is Ron Francis stuff. They make (or
have made) their own switches and such too. I've had replacement
pressure type brake light switches fail in less than a year after
replacement on a daily driver. A Ron Francis switch in a friends car
has been there a couple years now with no problems. I converted to a
pedal mounted switch, but will use a Ron Francis switch if I ever need
one again.

You should have no problem wiring the car with any of the kits Dave!
For others, just mount the fuse box, pull the tangle of wires through,
and run one circuit at a time. The kit suppliers usually have all the
terminals, and most can be purchases from the local parts store.
WeatherPak connectors would be great to use where connectors are
needed.

On July 12, 2006 d stohler wrote:

> hmm... been needing to rewire the 62 classic..... i guess im goin to
have to get to gether everything i need now to wire it with their
connectors. wonder if you
>  could use a painless wiring kit, with these connectors??.... hmm..
interesting.

>   by the way, has anyone on the list here ever rewired with one of
them painless wiring muscle car kits?? or any of the painless wiring
kits at all? just wondering how "painless" they really make it. heck, i
been rewiring HETS that have wires that are all black, just #'s on
them. anything with colors now will be NO PROBLEM. i am the only guy in
our unit who has any experience with electrical. anyway, have a great
day all.