Re: [AMC-List] auto transport

Dan:

I posted here about 2 months back asking about auto
transport.  I had never had a car hauled before, so
went into it pretty clueless.

My experience was bad.  I put a bid out to like 10
different companies and their prices ranged from a low
of $750 to a high of about $1150 to move a car from
San Luis Obsispo, CA, to Chicago.  I went with a
comapany called Cosmin, they bid about $900 and swore
that the car would not be moved off and on different
trailers as it wound its way Cross Country.  I was
flexible on shipping date, just needed the car moved
in the next two months, or by June 30.

Well, these folks pretty much d*cked around and could
never seem to schedule the car for pick up, and to
make matters more irritating, they never contacted me,
I always (politely) contacted them for updates.  After
about six weeks they told me that just couldn't seem
to get anyone to pick the car up in SLO, and would I
possibly get it down to LA for them????  Ha ha ha!
What the hell am I contacting a shipper for if I was
physically there to move a running/driving car???
Anyway, I pretty much gave up on them then and have
made a solemn vow to let anyone who asks about car
shipping to NOT do business with this Cosmin company.

Incidentally, I still do not have the car here, but it
is at a friend-of-a-friend's house near Monterey, CA.
I am having the car brought to me by a friend next
time he comes from California to Illinois, probably in
mid-August, and I'll pay only about $500 to get it.

I guess things always do work out in the end, just not
necessarily how we want . . . .

- Justin