Re: [AMC-List] Driver Train Chatter

" From: Mark Price <markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"  Look for an oldtime trans shop or a Volvo dealer or repair shop and
" tell them its a Borg Warner and you would like to get the bands
" adjusted and the fluid changed. Volvo used the same basic trans for
" years. also someone who is comfortable rebuilding FMX trans should be
" able to do it properly.

excellent advice.  i lucked into just such a person when my marlin
needed work, and i didn't have to tell him twice.  he not only knew
what i was talking about, he had all the parts - including tweaks - on
the shelf, as he'd done the post office jeeps for years.

bmw and others also used aluminum warners for many years, but volvo
may be friendlier as they currently use the aisin-warner aw4 [=jeep]
in rwd cars.