From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Peter Marano
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:13 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Brought home a Vigilante over the weekend...

Someone had installed the Delco starter and cut the pinion snubber
bracket.  I wanted to replace the pinion snubber and since I did not
have the Prestolite starter but I did have Motorcraft starters...

The gear, gear depth and the diameter of the mounting hole are correct;
it seems I had to trim the flange and be creative with the mounting
hardware.

The 327 turned over much faster with the Motorcraft starter.

Peter Marano
Kenosha WI

>Message: 9
>Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:42:12 +0000
>From: msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Brought home a Vigilante over the weekend...
>To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>Does that mean you had to do this as a result of not being able to
obtain a new Jeep starter or rebuild your old one?