From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of d stohler
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 6:21 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-List] weather pack connectors

here in iraq, i work on trucks called a HET (heavy equipment
transporter) made by oshkosh. they got that detroit 8V92 series 2 stroke
diesel turbo/supercharged motors. i replace them quite often as these
guys drive the ever livin dog piss out of them almost nonestop. these
trucks use these weatherpack conectors thru almost the entire truck.
they are GREAT. i would recomend them to anyone. they got a great thru
pannel connector with maybe 18-20 wire terminals in it. cut a hole in
the pannel the size you need, 2 bolt holse on either side, bolt it to
the pannel, and the connector sits on the other side with a 1/4 stud on
the other side of the connector to hold it on the mounted side. they are
water tight, and very secure connections. since they came up on the
list, i see they actually sell them. i never knew that. hmm... been
needing to rewire the 62 classic..... i guess im goin to have to get to
gether everything i need now to wire it with their connectors. wonder if
you  could use a painless wiring kit, with these connectors??.... hmm..
interesting.

  by the way, has anyone on the list here ever rewired with one of them
painless wiring muscle car kits?? or any of the painless wiring kits at
all? just wondering how "painless" they really make it. heck, i been
rewiring HETS that have wires that are all black, just #'s on them.
anything with colors now will be NO PROBLEM. i am the only guy in our
unit who has any experience with electrical. anyway, have a great day
all.

  dave stohler
  camp taji iraq