[AMC-List] Shipped! Trans coming, Rear Axle?

[AMC-List] Shipped! Trans coming, Rear Axle?

well, it seems that after I sent him 4 emails starting Sunday evening.
One from this address
One from my work address
Two thru eBay
He shipped The T-5 out yesterday afternoon.
Well, to be fair he entered the info into FedEx's system at 3:48 am yesterday morning. It wasn't actually moving in their hands until 4PM though.
  It shows 90lbs, so lets hope he didn't ship me a pile of Bricks!
I hope it is not tore up too bad.
  Ironic thing is I opened up either Carcraft or Hotrod last night. I forget which and there is an Article about T-5s and they used D&D for their parts source! This is supposed to be a D&D build.
  Now I figure I'll fool around and break the rear axle.
I found out that a Late model two wheel drive S10 axle is only 54" wide, but it only has a 7 5/8" ring, slightly larger than the 7 9/16" AMC-15 itis available with vented discs too and there are a bunch of them around fairly cheap. Plus it can be had with 3:42 gears. The spring perches would need moved and 1" wheel spacers would put it back at correct width or deeper dish wheels. I'm just thinking on this for now as one step at a time is good enough. Anyone have any thoughts?
 Stock 69 American axle width is supposed to be 56" correct?
Pluses are
One piece axle
vented disc
Internal drum ebrake on the discs
Posi
Minuses
2" too narrow
Move spring perches
Small ring, but I've never broken the stock AMC15

Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net
Morgantown, WV