Re: [AMC-List] Modern Car Rubber Bumper Stripping Question, AMC Related

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Mr. AMC wrote:

> I am doing 1/3 of the flair at a time. I now notice
> when I get down to the almost bare rubber/plastic the flair curls up and
> warps slightly. But once the excess paint and stripper is removed and is
> neutralized and the flair sits over night it returns to it's original
> shape.

It's probably the solvents swelling the plastic, softening it,
and allowing the non-softened sections to push the softer ones
into a new shape; it returns to orig. shape as the solvents
leave. Like a paper photograph curling/uncurling in humidity.