Re: [AMC-List] 401 engine surge/my error

Re: [AMC-List] 401 engine surge/my error

Marty
SNAIP
John,
  I said it was an Edelbrock, but it's actually a
Carter 750 manual (Carter and Edelbrock, it's my
understanding, are clones).  Do they have a power
valve?  How is it checked?  I did have the carb off
several times adjusting and rechecking the float
levels so I will check that also.  Thanks.
Marty
SNIP
That you did, my error I read what I wanted to read now what you wrote!
Sorry about that.
Carter/Edelbrock do not use power valves there for do not fail. I never
had a problem with a Carter/Edelbrock surging so am at a lost as to what
to suspect right this min.
Apologies, if I think of something else will drop a line.
John.