Re: [AMC-List] I Shouldn't Have Done It

I replied off list about this, Anyway it boils down to our choice of what vehicle he will drive and he knows this. We have a working agreement with our sons, we tell them to mow and they mow, rake and they rake, clean the bathrooms, they clean the bathrooms. The car he gets to drive will be only available when we let him use it, mostly for hauling the two of them too all there activites, no, I will not cut back or stop thier "activities" It beats having him hauled into the truant officers office or the police station! A guy I worked with years ago has a son in the same grade as mine. This kid was not allowed or encouraged to do any activities, He was also left home alone unsupervised everday from the time he was in about 4th grade. The result, Crap grades, I've seen this kids picture in the paper busted for drugs etc;
  Same kids brother, same household, His little brother demanded to be allowed to play basketball in grade school, They relented and left him play. Ths little brother gets straight A's looks at his big brother and says, what a waste. Was it sports? Was it genetics? Was it the fact that he was too busy to get involved in the stupidity? Probably a little of all of the above.
   Want to keep your kids safe from doing stupid crap? Keep'em busy, keep'em out of town! 9 miles outside of Morgantown makes for a nice buffer! We know what our kids are up to 99% of the time :] The other 1% we usually hear about later and bust them on it!
  I'll spoil'em if it keeps them safe while my wife and I are working 45-60 hour weeks.
  My wife and I do quite well financially, but we don't run out and buy new toys every pay or new houses etc; we have money in the bank and no payments. Right now, I'm looking forward to a comfortable retirement and some quility time with some old ramblers.
  Oh, We even offered both of our sons, NEW cars if they get a scholarship to college! The deal is they have to get a full tuition scholarship, no car till one year of college is completed. Then they can get the NEW car, but in our name, Lose the scholarship, lose the car. So far both boys are above the levels needed to earn WV Promise scholarship which will pay for full tuition at an in state school of their choice! I'm happy and will gladly buy two new cars as it beats four years of tuition! No they can't have a Mercedes or similar highbuck unit!
  Am I crazy, That's still being decided by a team of experts, Film at 11:00

--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net