[AMC-List] new cam in the Gremlin

 Jesse Grande <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyway, you need to protect your new engine components
from the metal particles floating around in your
engine.  Imagine if you had taken those gears, lifters
and cam, put them on a grinder and ground them down
just as you found them.  Then take all thatfine metal
powder and pour it into your oil... that's exaactly
what has happened.

-----> I agree 100%. I have a magnetic drain plug,
brushed the galleys and flushed them through with
solvent, changed lube and filter twice in three days.
(one day and two days). I do have one of those magnet
bands for the oil filter. I'm gonna put it on there
just like a rabbit's foot. I think the Bulltear is a
good idea. The oil pump was well within specs and I
cleaned it thoroughly, but I want another one anyway
as cheap insurance.
mike