Re: [AMC-List] 65 American speedo

It's magnetic on the inside. What kind of problems are you having?
Could be the cable. You can sometimes pull the head apart and clean it
good with someting like WD-40. The old grease gets stiff with age.
Don't try to put more grease on, unless it's something like that light
spray lithium in an aerosol can. But clean it with WD-40 or mineral
spirits first.

On June 18, 2006 Gary L. Kirk wrote:

> Does anyone know anything much about the speedo on a 65 American
convertible. It seems to be made by King Seeley. I can't figure out how
it is supposed to work and what causes it to work and or not work. Is
it magnetic or?