Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project/rear axle

Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project/rear axle

I'm not real sure why you would retro fit the AMC20 to anything unless you need to buy axles anyway. To me it seems a waste to start with a rearend that uses the two piece axles. Granted they hold up fairly well, but we've all seen them spin from time to time for no apparant reason. [Yes I know,Loosen and retorque nuts etc;] I'd look elsewhere for a rearend unless one piece axles are in the bargain. Maybe a 80's Grand Cherokee and drill to the 5 bolt pattern. I almost had a 87 or 88 Dana 44 from one for free, but the guy sold the whole Jeep before he parted it out. :[
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net