Date: Thursday, June 15, 2006 05:21 PM
From: Jim Boone <fljab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:01:27 -0700 (PDT)
>From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [AMC-List] someone wanted a v8 3 spd
>
>i didnt catch the name, but i saw someone was wanting a 3 spd that will
>hold up to a v8. i have a t86 3 speed with overdrive. it is in great
shape.
><snip>i  the overdrive has the torque tube mount on it. it was the
factory
>option for the v8 ramblers is what i have been able to find. i have
been
>told that my stock t96 shift linkage would work so i imagine yours
would
>also. i do not have a bellhousing or anything else.

I don't think this will work because of the torque tube mount; I'd need
regular yoke setup.  Don't know if it's a simple matter of taking that
off,
maybe someone here can elaborate.  I'd still need to come up with the
correct tailshaft, yoke, and bellhousing IF a later bell would work as a
bolt-on with this trans.  That's why I like to find complete setups that
know have/will work together.

Anyone know if a '71 up bell mount to this transmission?

Jim Boone
Mims, FL