Re: [AMC-List] T5 comments

" From: "Jim Boone" <fljab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Something I'd like to add to this;  As some of you may know, I have a '69
" American with a '70 390.  It had a T10 in it when I bought the car, but I
" like OD transmissions, and got a deal on a complete SVO T5 setup that came
" out of a Spirit-bellhousing to driveshaft.
"
" Mark is right about the torque ratings afaik.  World Class doesn't always
" mean higher torque rating.  Mine being the SVO version is rated at 330 or
" 335 (I've seen both listed for my part #).  Either way, it's the strongest
" one they make to my knowledge.  I've only used this car on the street, but
" it's held up quite well and has been a great improvement.

i agree.  iirc the stock '86-9 5.0 wc is rated 260; the '90-3 300.

" I'm not sure if I have the 2.95 or 3.35 1st, but OD is .68 iirc.

iirc 3.35; 2.95 came with 0.63 or 0.80 aftermkt.

it wasn't until relatively recently that svo had a 3.35 t5.  for
years they were all 2.95 only.