Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project

World class, shmourld class.
Whatever, For driver car that is not hammered I've never bought into the whole idea that the world class trans was/is such a great improvement. Unless you move up to the Zcode trans or the Cobra spec a driver car driven by someone who can shift with respect will do equally well with either the world class or non world class. My 84 Mustang trans shifted well and held up fine to some spirited driving and the 2.95 geared T-5 I want to put in the American will be non world class based as that is the easiest source for lowcost parts. The 80's mustang world class trans where known for stripping off third gear, and the synchronisers don't do well either over time, some improvement! If you are building fresh and driving it hard, by all means go world class z spec. If you just want a nice driver, either world or non world will do fine, just get the ratio you want.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net