Re: [AMC-List] Wanted Magnum 500s

<snip>
Magnum 500 wheels were also used on Ford and Chrysler cars in some cases almost identical in trim to the AMC applications
<snip>
Ford used a smaller hub than AMC and Mopar, so even though the bolt patterns are the same, Ford rims won't fit on an AMC (or Mopar). Mopar rims will bolt right up to an AMC. '69 and newer Magnums were painted with bright trim rings. Previous to '69 they were chromed for all three makes. As I understand it, there are subtle differences between AMC and Mopar Magnums: the AMC's were all painted including the spokes. The Mopar ones had brushed stainless(?) spokes.

Not sure wher you would pick up the retainers, but try Goodmark industries. They reproduce the centre caps (with a Chevelle SS emblem). Junkyards and flea markets are another source.

Ross Blair
69 BBO Javelin 390
Ottawa, Ont.