Re: [AMC-List] Water temp unit

SNIP
" Fan Shrouds were easily available from junkyard Eagles. An I-6 and V8
" Fan Shroud is different as the I-6 fan is just a bit off center, but
if
" you are careful on the mounting of them they will work with the OEM
fans
" when swapped back and forth.
SNIP

SNIP
iirc the eagle motor was mounted a bit off center, because of the
front drive components.
SNIP

While the above comment is true, the I-6 Eagle Fan Shroud mounts
perfectly in line with an I-6 configured Spirit as does other non-Eagle
fan shrouds I have used. However if you try to use an I-6 fan shroud on
a V8 configured car you will find that the opening is in a slightly
different location for a V8 application. It can be done if you are
careful with the mounting.
The same of course holds true if you are trying to mount a V8 configured
shroud on an I-6 configured car.
There are other slight configuration differences too but as you will be
drilling holes in radiator mounting brackets and jockeying around
radiator hoses things will work out.
AFAIK I am referring to, Hornets, Concords Eagles and Spirits. The
reason is that an I-6 fan is mounted slightly off center to the engine
and a V8 appears to be on center. Senior cars should be able to work out
the same way.  If my memory is correct I believe Javelins and early AMXs
will swap back and forth between the Hornets etc. too.  If you need one
bad enough it will not hurt to try pretty much what ever you find.
John.