Re: [AMC-List] Emergency sale of '68 Jeepster

Re: [AMC-List] Emergency sale of '68 Jeepster

Ran into a little trouble posting, so this might be old news now, but the
symptom is still worth noting as we sometimes take for granted that the
clutch
is good if it engages.

"The clutch doesn't slip.
It just doesn't want to release easily."

This is classic 'worn out clutch' symptom. If worn down  to the grooves, the
clutch disc will be sucked along with the flywheel and pressure plate. The
grooves were there to allow air to come between them to break the vacuum . I
had that exact thing happen  to me with a Suzuki. I could not believe it
could be so impossible to shift, but replaced it and all was well! Pedal
adjustment was good before changing the disc, so I know that was all that
was wrong. Hope that is the case here.

Glenn Ford