Re: [AMC-List] Water temp unit

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 20:39 -0400, Jay wrote:
> Now I know why AMC moved the temp sending unit from thr front of the head
> back to the rear of the head.  The darn fan cools the unit off so much up
> front, you never get an accurate reading.  This is on the 232 /258 engines

I assume the same reason also! It's a more pessimum place to measure
temp.

Does anyone know if there are different value senders? My dash temp
gauge doesn't match the TSH at all plus it's just crazy. The dot is 140F
(OK...) but the beginning of the "normal" range is 200F; about 20% up is
over 210F, and I have no idea what the far end would be and I ain't
measuring it!

(I was measuring with a good K-type thermocouple in the radiator top
hose, eg. water outlet temp into radiator. I figured it's got to be
hotter there since on exit it picks up all that heat. I turn the
electric fan off as needed to let temp. rise controllably at idle.)