Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic custom project (Pertronix for 196)

Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2006 03:08 AM
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

i have been looking at getting one of the pertronix kits for my 196. i
have one
in my 71 ford 360. works well. does anyone have a part # that will fit
the 196?
maybe one out of ford  cyl that they had in their early mustangs?
thanks.

  dave stohler

Dave, get the unit for a 1965 Chevy II w/230 six since you have the OHV
engine. The distributor is identical except for shaft end and length,
and the way the body clamps to the block. For those with the L-head, get
the Pertronix unit for a 65 or so Ford Falcon with 170 or 200 six. The
OHV uses Delco (GM) electrics, the L-head Autolite (Ford) -- at least
from 1961-65.