[AMC-List] Restoring Aluminum Headlight Covers

[AMC-List] Restoring Aluminum Headlight Covers

 I am currently restoring my 65 Marlin. The headlight covers are dull but in otherwise good shape. I did some sanding, buffng and polishing on one and was able to get a nice shine to the metal. Are these headlight covers anodized? It was very difficult to get the initial dull surface buffed off. What is recommended for restoring these to a good shine? Should I buff and polish them and then use an aluminum polish/wax? Or should I take them to a shop for anodizing?

Keith K

San Diego CA.