[AMC-List] Water Pump

Not sure if anyone has responded to your question, but if I remember
correctly there are basically two different water pumps for V-8 AMC engines.
The year is important when ordering because the offsets for accessory drives
changed. I believe that is your problem. I'm not much of an I-6 guy, so not
sure what would be wrong there. Check the tag on the passenger side valve
cover and do a search to determine which year engine you have if it's not
the original.
And please if my recollection is incorrect somebody tell me !

Armand