Re: [AMC-List] From the Mopar List: Re: AMC used Ford starters...

Re: [AMC-List] From the Mopar List: Re: AMC used Ford starters...

How accurate is Bill's history?
>Ford, Chrysler, AMC and Studebaker all used Autolite / Prestolite
starters >at one time or another.

Arfon, it's pretty good! I'm not sure about AMC using Prestolite
starters, but they have used Prestolite ignition systems. Remember the
late 70s Prestolite electronic ignition that was only used 2-3 years
before AMC switched to Autolite (Ford)? Delco and Autolite have been
used on different engines by AMC for years. In the late 50s and through
the 60s the L-head 196 used an Autolite ignition/starter/generator and
the OHV used Delco. The V-8s were the same way -- mixed. Don't have
access to TSMs to look up the various years, but sounds like that would
be a nice short article for AIM.