Re: [AMC-List] (50-63 front suspension)

"Take McPherson struts, for instance. There is no control over camber
changes at all, and the wheel changes camber as it moves up and down in
a shallow arc, but not much. It's cheaper to produce as a unit and
install the same way though"

That's where advertising comes in. Back in the Seventies when struts
were becoming common, many car makers mentioned them in their ads, even
though they they were inferior to the wishbone suspensions they
replaced. Since it was new, a lot of folks probably just assumed it was
better, which is what the ad writers count on...

Keleigh