[AMC-List] Still Need Those Clips

Folks,

I'm working on the 64 Classic 660 again and still need
to know the type and size of the clips hold the
shifter arms to the shift column arms (under the
hood).  If anyone with a column shift sixties or so
AMC can describe the retaining clips or send me a
picture that would be great.

Frank, sorry, your were probably thinking of the lower
shift arm joints which are held together with cotter
pins and washers.  The upper arm connecters are
flanged and are not drilled for cotter pins.  I am
using hair pins now, but the shift linkage seems too
tight.

Other news:  I still have not experienced the low oil
pressure problem and am keeping my fingers crossed
that it was a transient problem which was solved
somehow.  I know about the head bolt modification
allowing increased oil flow to the rocker shaft, but I
thought I would try flushing the engine first and it
seems to have worked. I did use engine flush in the
engine and have completely drained the flushing oil
and have refilled with 10W40 and a new filter.   Still
50 pounds at idle with cold oil.

Other news:

I have purchased a 63 Classic 770 wagon in the Nevada
desert and will be picking it up next month. It has
the 196 aluminum block engine and I'm interested in
trying to get it running. At the same location I
purchased a 64 Classic 660 wagon which I will bring
home and part out.  If anyone needs 63/64 Rambler
parts let me know.

Regards,
Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA