From: powerglide          powerglide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 12:30 AM
Subject: yep ramblers still exsist in australia!

G'DAY FROM AUSTRALIA!
Hi Eddie,firstly you have a great site,heeeeps of info for the starved rambler owner in australia,i have used it many times to find parts ,info etc......i hope you can help me locate a trival but important part,im after for my 64 rambler classic 287 v8 the alloy oil filter adaptor rthat bolts to the block.....easy? but i would like new....and would buy 2or 3....if i could find some......i have owned this rambler for almost 18yrs ,bought it in my teens,thrashed ,raced the living hell out of it(as young teenagers do!) but i rebuilt engines,auto trans,front ends,brakes, etc,etc....modified ,chased up parts,bought ...i now have more respect for it!!!! and drive it cruze with it regularly....i have five other cars fully registed dont believe in club rego scheme,dunno bought you guys in the US but in OZ club rego sux!!! you now you can only drive on club events,on sunny days,at a top speed of 60kmp ,not on cold rainy foggy days cause ya know ya gotta watch out for old carscause th!
 ey are not safe and with petrol at $1.50 PER LITRE!! you cant accelerate to hard..( and our unleaded fuel suxs my rambler pings when you boot full it!).....DRIVE the bloody thing anywhere anytime thats wot i say!!!!! sorry to rave on mate....oh yeh i owned a 69 javerlin sst coupe,pretty rare in oz factory right hand , in a horrible mustard color,but jezzzz it flew! someone had pumped and flared the rear gaurds to fit BFgoogrich 295 t/a on it ,mate it woz fuking ugly,but a guy bought it put 2 new quaters on it and restored it...to original.......
sorry again to talk crap ,once again thanx for all the great advice/info/laughs from you web site over the years ON YA MATE!!!! hope you can help with my parts request your advise or info would be unreal
thanx
Gino Musico.
ps looking to purchase a  clean running original 64/5/6 rambler convertible,got any in ya back pocket