Re: [AMC-List] Funniest thing I have seen in a long time-ELECTRIC TURBOS

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 15:01, Arfon wrote:

> This is a fluke I thought.  One stupid kid got taken...  So I did a quick
> search on google for 'electric turbo' and got sent here:
> 	http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/resource/turbo/electricturbo.asp
>
> Look at the pictures, you'll see that it is a CHEAP plastic fan!   I REALLY
> feel for these dumb ricer-boyz.

Now I admit that that item is just SPEC-FOOKING-TACULAR. 2.2amps at 12V
-- wow! It's one notch above all those things we could bolt onto our
(front engine, rear drive, etc) in the past -- whirling propellers under
carbs, and even beats magnets on fuel lines.

The blatant lies and straight-faced deception in the ad copy is quite
breathtaking.

Though it might be fun to make a car that has ONE OF EVERYTHING on it --
JC Whitney light-up flashing swan hood ornaments, stick-on landau bars,
fuel line magnets, 12V turbos, clear spark plugs (clear distro caps are
just plain cool), quad exhaust tips, super-tall spring shackles,
multiple STP stickers, every wide mirror, interior gimcrack, curb
feeler, lightup hubcaps, ... a rolling museum of excessive
accessorizing! Hell, I'd pay to see it.