[AMC-List] My Single Stage Acrylic Enamel Paint Restoration Project

[AMC-List] My Single Stage Acrylic Enamel Paint Restoration Project

The original paint on my orange Hornet is in really good shape and
polished out like new. I have used acrylic enamel since the early 70's.
My preference was Dupont Centari but not being able to get it I now use
Sherman Williams acrylic enamel. My quarter window frames need to be
painted and the Sherman Williams paint matched out of the can almost
perfect. Unfortunately I have a few issues from past people buffing the
car and rubbing the paint through in a few places like the hood and the
drivers door has been dented and creased too. Luckily I have a spare
undamaged door and hood  the same orange as the car I plan to polish and
install. I have 2 NOS front fenders to paint and install. The factory
pin stripe has been polished off in quite a few spots so I will
re-stripe that too. The 77 AMX flairs will be striped and primed with
SEM plastic bumper primer. I will paint them with the Sherman Williams
orange adding Morton's Impact 200 flexible additive to it. I used this
product on the flairs I painted in 1979 on my yellow car and they have
not cracked or pealed after all these years. Even though I am not a
restorer I will keep as much of the original paint as possible since it
is in such nice shape. Everything will match almost perfect but it will
not be a dream car garage paint job. But everything including the price
of the new fenders, the AMX flairs, rear window louver and all the paint
work should only cost me 1,000$ installed. Oh the initial professional
polishing out of the car cost me 220$. So with other odds and ends I
have my affordable version of the dream car garages paint job for1,800$
that also includes the price of the new hood and undamaged door. It
won't be a perfect car but it will be one of the nicest 85%  original
Hornets survivors you will ever see. :-)
"Doc"