Re: [AMC-List] Corrections to: AMX disk brake kit for 62 classicMOPAR A/

Re: [AMC-List] Corrections to: AMX disk brake kit for 62 classicMOPAR A/B donor

" From: "John Elle" <johnelle@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Andrew and all
" SNIP
" imho the duster [dart] rear would be too narrow for an amx - almost the
" same as the american - and the years they used the 8.75" still had the
" 5x4" bolt circle, so you'd have to handle that too.  iirc a late  '60s
" midsize like a satellite would have a better width, and already 5x4.5"
" though lh thd one side.
" SNIP
" Actually I do not know what width a 62 Classic rear end is or whether it
" is coils or leaf springs back there but if it is of the narrower type
" and A body rear end will work while a B body works well in a Javelin,
" AMX  configuration. Also I believe the later A bodies used 5x4.5 bolt
" pattern.

yes; '74-6.  but the last year a-bodies had the 8 3/4" was '71.

just checked an old c&d - '65 a-body, 55.5" track; b-body, 58.5".
'65 classic - 57.5".

" In both case it is an option that is available and the MOPAR 8
" ¾ has a good reliability reputation. In addition I believe the after
" market also addresses the bolt pattern problem.

i agree.  this must be a common issue.

" But also as others have pointed
" out the newer Ford 9 inch assemblies with the wider option of factory
" rear disc brakes might even be a better option. Point is, 4 wheel disc
" brakes are a do-able deal on something as improbable as a 62 classic
" using almost all junk yard parts if you are so inclined and it could be
" a really interesting finished product when it is all said and done.

definitely!  and the junkyard challenge just makes it all the sweeter.