[AMC-List] Maacos botched job

John, sorry for your bad experience. It happens to
everyone. Don't expect show quality work, but there is
a professional restorer in the Portland area sends all
his basic restoration work down here to the Salem
store. One of his Buick's (late forties) was being
done when I went to get my AMX. They showed me his
Stude waiting in the yard.
I might add that you don't want to send your car in
with the $1800 tires and wheel combo, as they will get
over spray on it. Get a set of beater tires and
wheels, I always keep a set around, and send those.
Unbolt the wipers and trim, let it fall into the cowl
with baling wire attached to the shaft so it can be
fished back out. I wrap masking tape around any thing
I don't want sprayed. Unbolt the antenna, tape up the
mast and let it fall into the well.
Use body tape, not cheap masking tape. Again, like
everyone says, PPPPPP (prior planning prevents piss
poor performance)......Russ