Re: [AMC-List] Weathstripping/gaskets 65 Marlin

On May 10, 2006 Bargain Bob Petersen wrote:

> Where is the best place  to buy a vent mindow gasket and
weatherstripping for a Marlin ? As always, all help is appreciated.

> Bargain Bob Petersen
> AMC Car Collector

Bob, there are no vent window gaskets available that I know of. Contact
Metro (http://www.metrommp.com/) and get a catalog. They MIGHT have
something from another car that can be modified to fit if yours are
just shot. I spray mine with liquid silicone at least yearly, it seems
to keep them pliable. They don't seal as good as new, but are fine for
rain. The pressure washer will get past them, and a little wind noise
if the wind is blowing just the right direction and speed.

That vent window gasket will fit all 63-66 Marlin, Classic, Ambassador;
and should fit all 63-64 Americans (not sure about 65-69). I know the
doors will interchange with 63-64 Americans (except for the outer
skins). That's enough coverage that Metro might be persuaded to start
making vent window gaskets, but I doubt it.

For the door and trunk gaskets, and window seeps, contact Peter Stathes
(www.amcrambler.com). He has kits for all. You can match the door and
trunk seals from JC Whitney, and can get the window sweeps, but you
can't get the window sweep clips from JCW. Peter isn't much more than
JCW on the seals, especially after shipping costs are added. For a few
bucks more you get better service. Peter also does locks and vac wiper
motors.