Re: [AMC-List] 73 Matador 2 dr for sale

Eh, the one I had for sale was for sale for a staggering 6+ years. Have
NEVER Atried so hard to sell a AMC. Relentless ads for $4500, then $3500.
Put it on ebay with reserve not, once, not twice, but three times before
listing it for $1900 and NO reserve where it sold for $2650.

This was a 14,000 mile car folks. I drove it all of 208 miles in the 13
years I owned it. It STILL HAD LESS THAN 15,000 ORIGINAL MILES on it when
the fellow flew in recently to drive it home to Marietta, Georgia!

Here are some photos off my 'Matador Machine' file on my site:
thsi is it at the Nationals we did in Houston. The car had a few bites but
no one was willing to give me $3500 for it either.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71_matador_amc_nationals.jpg

A side view:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71matador_ds.jpg

Stunning interior in front
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71mat_buckets.jpg

and in back no one had ever sat:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71mat_ps_rseat.jpg

flawless dash
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71mat_dash_close.jpg

engine bay in original faded glory
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71mat_engine_front.jpg
and most of the items are date coded also. I did change the carb years ago.

another angle
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71matador_ps_frt.jpg

original bill of sale
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71mat_owner_id.jpg
there was TONS of original paperwork and documentation with this low miler.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71mat_odometer.jpg
this photo shows the odometer with still less than 15,000 miles several days
before the buyer picked it up.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/71mat_sales_2.jpg
here is more...this is the original bill of sale from Wtihen
AMC/Rambler/Datsu in Brimingham, AL!

And lastly, off my 'window stickers' file on my site is the original Matador
window sticker:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_window_stickers/71_SAMPLE_WINDOW_STICKER.jpg
if this link is too long for here, simply click on 'window stickers' on my
site and then 71 Matador.

This is the file of the 71 Matador Machine
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/matador_machine.htm

Back to mine, there was only 7776 71 Matador two doors made. Mine was one of
two ultra low miles still known to exist. I mentioned to Jim(?) the seller
who original asked the question what his is worth that one of AMC's slogans
was "The Nicest Car You've Never Seen" for the "new" 71 Matador. AMC had a
sense of humor, humour if Canadian. But it didn't help move the Matadors
either.

As for ebay.....not everything sells on ebay either. This Matador was a
prime case. I am something like 2 out of 7 (better record than Houston
Texans last year though) on selling a car on fee bay.

My fly in drive home 69 Ambassador SST is still for sale for $975 if anyone
interested, hell, the tilt column alone is worth about 1/2 of that:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4630772691

And my 68 AMX just "sold" or at least I thought it did, however the buyer
was not Nigerian but a 16 year old kid. His dad has agreed to pay my listing
fee, final value fee and relisting fee, so like herpes, this dog will pop
back up on ebay again:
 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4632920558

I believe the Matador produced from 71-73 had some sort of image problem.
And I'm not sure why as I really like the bumper incorporated into the body,
seems like AMC got it right there as opposed to earlier 67-70 Ambassador and
67-69 Rebel.

I was disppointed my 72 Matador Z code two door with 46,000 miles in
original Yuca Tan only brought $2650:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4562427988&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAS:US:3

(item number 4562427988 above if link breaks)

Imagine same car...in same condition....if a Sattelite, Road Runner,
Charger, Monte Carlo, or any other intermediate. This was a formidable
401/727, the most powerful AMC had to offer. $2650. And so it goes!

Good luck with the Matty, I hope you do good with it, feel free to place
your for sale on my 'amc classifieds'
 http://www.planethoustonamx.com/bodyMessageBoard.htm
also, actually any of ya'll can utilize that too.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx