From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Justin Shelton
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 5:50 PM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-List] Hey, I actually won something! Now, car shipping
cost?

Hi, Guys:

For the first time in like forever, I actually WON something, and not on
Ebay.  Yesterday, I won a stylin' 1962 VW Notchback, all for the cost of
a $20 raffle ticket.  You can see a smallish pic of the car at
www.centralcoastvwclub.com/id237.htm (you have to scroll down) and - yes
- my name in lights!

The car is located in San Mateo, CA, and I'm in SW Michigan.  My
question is, car shipping.  Has anyone recently had a car shipped 2000
miles?  I'm curious if with gas prices higher whether shipping costs
have increased significantly. Also, if you have a particular shipper
you're happy with, let me know!  I know this has come up before, but
frankly I've not paid that much attention to the messages.  Silly me.

If shipping costs are exhorbitant, I can fly out and drive back. I need
to talk more with the guy who ran the charity raffle, but the only thing
he mentioned was a "grabby" clutch.  I have driven a variety of iffy
cars the 1200 miles from Colorado to Michigan, but of course this one is
like twice as far away, and I have no history with it, so I'm a little
hesitant.

- Justin