[AMC-List] Hey, I actually won something! Now, car shipping cost?

[AMC-List] Hey, I actually won something! Now, car shipping cost?

Hi, Guys:

For the first time in like forever, I actually WON
something, and not on Ebay.  Yesterday, I won a
stylin' 1962 VW Notchback, all for the cost of a $20
raffle ticket.  You can see a smallish pic of the car
at www.centralcoastvwclub.com/id237.htm (you have to
scroll down) and - yes - my name in lights!

The car is located in San Mateo, CA, and I'm in SW
Michigan.  My question is, car shipping.  Has anyone
recently had a car shipped 2000 miles?  I'm curious if
with gas prices higher whether shipping costs have
increased significantly. Also, if you have a
particular shipper you're happy with, let me know!  I
know this has come up before, but frankly I've not
paid that much attention to the messages.  Silly me.

If shipping costs are exhorbitant, I can fly out and
drive back. I need to talk more with the guy who ran
the charity raffle, but the only thing he mentioned
was a "grabby" clutch.  I have driven a variety of
iffy cars the 1200 miles from Colorado to Michigan,
but of course this one is like twice as far away, and
I have no history with it, so I'm a little hesitant.

- Justin