[AMC-List] 65 American 440 HT inspected. Mysteries!

[AMC-List] 65 American 440 HT inspected. Mysteries!

Mike,

You mentioned the window cranks. If you mean the
regulators are suspect, replacements will need to come
from another hardtop or convertible.  Sedan regulators
won't work.  I do have a couple of hardtop doors with
glass (and regulators) if you need them.

I parted out a 64 American hardtop and could have
saved the roof for you if the timing had been
different.

IMHO the best way to replace the roof is just to
replace the skin.  Carefully grind the spot welds on
the new and old skin (and/or use a spot weld cutter)
and remove both skins and swap them.  While the skin
is off, you can make any repairs to the supporting
channels and gussets.  That is the repair we'll be
doing to a 69 Javelin here at home.  You won't have to
worry about basic alignment of the roof structure,
window fit or other issues.  I'm getting professional
help with the Javelin and that is the approach we are
taking.

Contact me if you want the window regulators.

Regards,
Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA