Re: [AMC-List] Paint Job Or Snow Job

 It was perfectly clear from the start that he didn't want your paint
job. I would not have wasted my time after he started nit picking and
making false statements and especially after the insanely high price
quote. A quality paint job goes for around 5,000$ plus body work. I
agree with Ross about the quality of original paint. My orange Hornet
has original paint. It was never touched up and has a few small dings
and some damage to the drivers door. I had the car professionally
polished out. It took about 8 hours work over a 4 day period at my
friends shop and cost me 220$. I looks beautiful now. I used Sherman
Williams acrylic enamel to repaint the metal quarter window frames and
it matched almost perfect. I have an nice un-damaged orange door I will
have installed and polished out to replace the damaged one. Original AMC
paint was real good. You'd be amazed what a professional detailer can do
with good old paint. I need one of those painless dent removers to take
a small dent out of the hatch near the lock.
"Doc"