[AMC-List] P.O.ed and not takin' it any more!!!!

[AMC-List] P.O.ed and not takin' it any more!!!!

This isnt really AMC related but since I like to work on my own stuff and I
usually do, except in dire circumstances. When there is somthing that I dont
have the tool for or somthing of that nature. Like when I was on the road
all the stinkin' time and didnt have the time to do the stuff myself. I have
found out that these SO CALLED service places that do tires and brakes and
front end alignments are as CROOKED AS A DOGS HIND LEG!! My daily driver
needed a front brake job about 2 years ago. I was on the road drivin' big
truck and didnt have the time to do it myself. SO! I took it to a place that
I THOUGHT could be trusted. And I have had the car back into them 2
different times for warrenty work. The first time they were SAPPOSED to put
premium pads and premium rotors. COME TO FIND OUT...it wasnt so. Less then a
year later the rotors warped and the pads where shot because of the cheap
rotors that they put on. SO! They turned the one rotor and replaced the
pads. 2 months down the road....same problem. WARPED ROTORS! I finally got
some answers from them and come to find out they put preimum pads with cheap
rotors and of course they charged me for the premium rotors!   &$#@ers!!
Being the nice guy that I TRY TO BE, I purchased some nice high performance
rotors myself and made them put new pads and the rotors that I had
purchased. Drilled and slotted rotors cost me 110 bucks apiece. This was
less then 5 months ago and THOSE DUMB   &*%^$#&%$#*&ER'S put the rotors on
BACKWARDS!! They have a direction of rotation that they are sapposed to go
on and now ONCE AGAIN they are shot! 220 bucks right down the drain!! If
someone would of read the DIRECTIONS that CAME WITH THE ROTORS, I would NOT
have this problem. I called the head office and got the biggest bunch of
CRAP I ever heard of! Since I purchased my own parts (even though some dummy
put them on backwards!) there is no warrenty on the rotors! The rotors are
BAER DECELA and WHERE a good product. I guess I could have them turned, but
I shouldnt have to! I guess THEY dont cover thier own STUPIDITY! or thier
own LABOR! Sorry to vent but I had to get this out. They are lucky I am a
nice guy and dont throw em' through their nice plate glass window! I guess
you cant trust anyone when it comes to parts and labor. IF YA WANT SOMETHING
DONE RIGHT......DO IT YOURSELF! End of story....I am outta here! Thanks for
listening!
Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho
AKA Brother B.
AMC'S RULE.....the rest just drool like the dogs they are.
1973 Gremlin X "clone" (project)
1970 Original Hornet "plain jane"
1974 Matador Coupe "Parts car"